Tutorials

Monday 2 August 2010

A new landmark in Singapore

If you ever visit Singapore and you don't suffer from vertigo too much, you might want to go up to the Sky Park on top of the new hotel Marina Sands. I took two lots of visitors up there during the last couple of weeks. Last week Thomas (DS) came along although he really doesn't like heights and was nervously avoiding getting too close to the edge.



As you can see, the weather was perfect with the sky as blue as can be.


The grand stands below are for the F1 Grand Prix which is scheduled to take place in September. It's the only race held at night.





The pool is 150 m long; unfortunately you have to be a guest at the hotel to be able to enjoy it.
I'm not sure if I would want to anyway. It seems to me just a bit too close to the edge!

This week I have to finish my silk quilt; the deadline is Friday. I don't do well with deadlines anymore, I probably wouldn't last more than a week in the corporate world these days.

Hope you have a happy week.
Vreni

6 comments:

Geckoboxes said...

Wow, I would love to come and visit YOU and this new landmark! Maybe I will do so, end of September, beginning October. I still have SIA airmiles and promised a friend to come to Bangkok.
XXX Hilde

Valentina said...

Oh wow... I was ok, until the pool picture! LOL
Amazing, Thank you Vreni for sharing!
:) oops, and I thought I could handle the height. My stomach is still turning from just a picture! :)

Cath said...

Wow Vreni, those pics are spectacular! My husband would love the view he is a mad F1 fan. Since the time many years ago when I booked a weekend to a chalet in the snow where there was no tv on an F1 weekend I now have every race of the season listed in my diary! Thanks so much for the lovely comments on my first go at quilting! I just loved doing the raw edge and free motion - even though I have lots and lots of practice required in the coming weeks and months! I have had all the fabric to make up a quilt for Lily using the cushions in Kellie's "Pretty in Pink" pattern for over a year - not having quilted before I got a lot of the shapes cut and just didn't know where to start - now I do! I loved the workshop - Kellie is just as gorgeous in person as she appears on her blog - so is Corrie (Retromummy) for that matter! All 19 participants had different quilting experience yet Kellie was able to make the course relevant and understandable to everyone. If you ever get the chance to do her course you would love it! I noticed you have the Josephs Coat button on your blog - how are you going with it? Also wanted to say I love the colours on your hexagons and the fussy cutting is amazing! Way too fiddly for my short-term brain to comprehend. Hope you are having a great week. Ciao, Cath :)

Janet said...

Oh boy, I'm not sure how I'd go that high up but the view looks fantastic.

Lynda said...

I think I'm with Thomas....it looks scary by the edge. But it is so beautiful and quite an accomplishment for the engineers who designed and built it.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! That's amazing. Although, I'm thinking a little creepy too. I'd love to come and visit you though -- and maybe veiw it from the ground level LOL!