Tutorials

Saturday 9 October 2010

Boxes

Aside from quilting I like to make boxes and sometimes I combine the two. This box with the appliquéd lid I made for Jess of Scappy n'Happy  and she just emailed to let me know that it arrived in Australia. 








Here are a couple more examples of boxes with appliquéd lids (sorry for the quality of the photos).

 Tea Box
Small jewellery box

I've learned this craft from a friend a few years ago and during our time in Shanghai I taught weekly classes, mostly from home. I had a room set up just for that purpose, which was very handy.

Here are a few examples of boxes I or some of "my students" made.


I'm planning to put a tutorial together for the fabric covered box. Check back here in a little while. In the meantime have a happy weekend!

Vreni



13 comments:

Tanya said...

looking very lovely, those boxes are! Love the dolls on the top one

Hilde said...

Your work is absolutely beautiful! Did you make the box for Jess just recently? You should teach it again as I know there are people in Singapore who would love to learn this craft. I am so much looking forward teaching the box making craft again when I have set up house in Sao Paulo, hopefully by the end of November.
Love, Hilde

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Thanks Vreni, I love it!
Can't wait to see how you make them!

Vickie said...

Vreni, these are simply lovely! Well done!

Theodora quilts said...

ooh!! those are ral awsome boxes so pretty I had read the side of your blog that you make boxes ,but I didn't imagine they would be so pretty., how interesting I look forward to the tutorial vreni,by the way the baby quilt tops I am making are about `120x80 I cut up and sew and I add a little boarder on them if to small I will e-mail you soon, take care theodora

chrisi said...

oh...ja...ich mag Boxen, lg Christin

donkey and the carrot said...

I just send you an email and now the problem i had to leave you a comment is solved!!! So glad!!! I loveeeee your boxes!

Carol said...

Your boxes are lovely. I'm looking forward to seeing the tutorial.

Lynda said...

The boxes are beautiful. They look difficult to make. Looking forward to the tutorial.

Silvia said...

How nice your collection of boxes... You do it as you were in a fabric or?.. Congratulations.
Hope you will do the tutorial,
Kisses

Martina said...

Wow, supertolle Boxen. Gefallen mir sehr!!!

SewSofie said...

Gorgeous Vreni! Love the babushkas :)

Valentina said...

Vreni, these are INCREDIBLE!!! Oh I am so excited you are planning a tut!
:)