Tutorials

Monday 1 November 2010

A caddy for this and a caddy for that!

Wondering what this is?
It's a smaller version of the Hexie Caddy I made earlier (don't you just love this Kaffe Fassett fabric?)

It's 3/4 of the original size (1.5 " instead of 2"). The tutorial can be found here.

Then I made this block caddy.
As I'm planning to use it as a moveable "design wall" as well, I covered both the inside and the outside with flannel  to make it more "sticky". It's about 17 " square, so should be large enough even for the biggest blocks.


I never know where to store individual blocks (so far I used an old Pizza box). The idea came to me after I showed some of the girls in my group how to make these cutting mat folders. On one side you have a small cutting mat and on the other a sheet of sandpaper and the outside can also be used as a small ironing board. It's really handy to take along to workshops or group meetings.


And this is the beginning of some Stack and Whack quilts. A couple of friends and I are doing it together as it's always more fun to work and have a chat at the same time, don't you agree? We got the inspiration from here. 







That's it from me today. Take care.
Vreni

13 comments:

Penny said...

Love your design wall. Time I make one too!

Unknown said...

you have been very busy lately!! love the hexie caddy, i will have to make one very soon, it is so cute. love Rose-Anne

Lynda said...

I do love the hexie caddy and the fabric is wonderful! I love Stack and Whacks....it is always so fun to see how different they look coming from the same fabric.

Vickie said...

You have so many fun things happening at your house! Going to have to explore "stack and whack". Looks fun!

mamas kram said...

Liebe Vreni
Ich bin total begeistert von deinen Pachwork- und Quiltarbeiten! Wundervoll, was du alles zauberst!
Herzliche Grüsse aus der Schweiz ins ferne Singapor
Doris

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

The stack and whack blocks look great!
I love the smaller hexie cadie - it is in my fav's but I really a few more hours in each day!

Theodora quilts said...

Hi Vreni I see you have been busy making some lovelies,the hexi caddys are so cute i will check out the tutorial on it when I get time ,I love the stack and whack I wish I new how to do them I will have to look up a tutorial on it ,but the type of fabric is important here. I have been very busy making frames the last couple of weeks I haven't had time to send your gift I will by christmas for sure I am sorry for the delay, I just got some free time today to visit my friends,hugs theodora

Silvia said...

Hello Vreni,

How lovely!!!. Thank you very much for showing us the tutorial, for sure i will try to do it,as soon as i have time... It will not be for the moment, because i'm very busy..
And lovely colours for your hexagons.
Kisses

Rita said...

SAli Vreni
Melde mich auch wieder mal, ist bei uns halt immer was los gell;)
Du machst so tolle Sachen und das Nadelkissen mit Schwarz-weiss finde ich genial! Auch der Einband und vorallem der Kaleidoskop finde ich soo cool! Ich möchte schon lange mal so einen machen;)
Wünsche Dir weiterhin viel Spass beim Nähen und bis bald, liebi Grüessli, Rita

donkey and the carrot said...

Vreni you are so creative!!!! It all look so difficult for me but soooo cute!!! You are such a telented woman!

chrisi said...

sehr schön, bei mir liegen auch einige solcher Teile rum, wusste bis anhin nichts mit anzufangen, hatte das mal vor Jahren in einem Kurs begonnen, du hast mich damit auf eine Idee gebracht lg Christin

Geckoboxes said...

Hi Vrenie, great to see you are inspired by one of my quilts. It makes me realize i should bring this quilt to my next posting! Have fun creating the blocks!
One day I will make your hexie caddy! Love, Hilde

Beeshebags said...

Hi again Vreni, Did you follow a tutorial or pattern for the cutting mat folders please? These would make a great project for my quilting group friends and I to do.

Thanks and hugs
Naomi