Tutorials

Saturday 12 February 2011

Comings and Goings

Singapore Post has had a busy day yesterday! First it had to deliver a package to my doorstep with all these wonderful goodies inside.
It's from retro mummy in Sydney. She held an auction a couple of weeks ago for the Queensland Flood Appeal and I was the winner.... yay....! Corrie was so kind to put in an additional piece of fabric. Wouldn't this be perfect to make a little sewing box with?
Then there's this package with my little offering for "Another Little Quilt Swap 5" which is on its way to..... no, I'm not telling yet. But I can tell you that the name of the quilt is "My Valentine Tree". I thought it quite fitting as Valentine's day is coming up very soon.

P1030408


Incidentally, I've also admitted this quilt  to the Weekly Themed Quilt Contest as this week's theme is Valentine's Day. Go over there and take a look.

Have a great weekend.
Vreni

14 comments:

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Hi Vreni. I voted for your quilt this morning!
All those yummy goodies will keep you busy or at least give you some loveliness to look at and pet!

Hilde said...

Lovely fabrics! Indeed, that fabric should be going around a sewing box! It is always nice to receive old fashioned mail with such goodies.

Silvia said...

What a lovely projects you will make, with that lovely charm-packs... Enjoy the..And i will follow you , to check the..
Have a nice week-end

barcord said...

Great packages Vreni. I got the first month's package of a bom I am taking part in. A first for me. When I have the block finished I will post it on Blogger. Your tree was one of my favourites. T'would be nice to get it :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

The contest is how I found your blog. Love your little tree. But those fabrics are so yummy!

Lynda said...

What a fun package of charms to fondle until you decide what to make from them. I'm heading over to vote for your Valentine tree right now.

LintLady said...

Gratulation zu den schönen Stoffen. Bin gespannt, was du daraus zaubern wirst.
LG Doris

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, look at all those goodies! Looks like a wonderful Valentines Day for You!

Preeta said...

What lovely fabrics!! Looking forward to see all those lovely finishes you will make with them. Happy stitching!! And I am heading to vote for ur quilt.

SewSofie said...

ohh im swooning over those fabrics. Yum. And your valentine's quilt is a winner! Im sorry that I havent had time to make a quilt for AQS5 ... maybe next time.

Hilde said...

You did it! You won! Congratulations! XXX

Theodora quilts said...

I just popped over and I see that you did win I am so glad ,you make such beautifull items I am not surprised but seriously that heart tree is just something else I would love to make a tree one day and I love yours,also love the fabrics,xoxo theodora

Cath said...

Vreni, I love your Valentine Tree Quilt! Looking fwd to seeing what you make with Corrie's lovely fabric parcels... Cath x

Lynne said...

Your tree quilt is beautiful - whoever gets it will be pleased. I admire your 3 little birds quilt every day!