Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Giving in to temptation!

I have finally cracked and started a new project. I had the Camelot pattern for a while, but wanted to finish a couple of UFOs first before indulging. Here's my first hand pieced block.

Then I  made this paper pieced block for a charity quilt our Tuesday group is putting together (pattern can be found here). The idea is that each month one of the members chooses a block and preferably a new technique to teach the ladies who are new to quilting. Anybody who is interested can sew along. 

For July I sewed this block for the Hasenbach Challenge; it's rather small, only 6 by 6 inches, 
as well as this block, which isn't a challenge block, but will be include in my winter quilt. 
All the blocks I've made so far. 
I can't believe that August is already upon us. Tomorrow my daughter is arriving and I suspect I won't have much time for sewing for the next couple of weeks.

I hope your week is going well.
Vreni xx                                                                   Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 6 July 2013

Belly Up!

So I finished my fish wall hanging! But if you look closely, you'll see there's something fishy (sorry, couldn't help myself). But honestly, can you see that the fish are upside down, doing the backstroke, so to say. Well, I decided to draw the eyes of the fish instead of applique them on and when I was about halfway done, I realized that I had the quilt the wrong way up. How annoying!!!
As there's no way I could remove the indelible ink so I had to keep going. So now the wall hanging will have to be hung up this way
 but that means, that the air bubbles are going the wrong way!



Oh well, one lives and learns, hopefully!

Have a great weekend.
Vreni x