Tutorials

Sunday 25 January 2015

The Aunt's Quilt update

I'm quite behind with my appliqué blocks; to tell you the truth, I've only completed the first block. But I have decided to make all the pieced blocks in one go and here they are.


I have also made blocks for a charity quilt the "Shanghai quilters alumni" are putting together. We were all members of the Shanghai quilt group at one time or another.  Some lovely ladies in the US will collect all the blocks and put them together and another lovely lady with a longarm machine is going to quilt it.


I hope you are having a lovely weekend.
Cheers
Vreni xx

8 comments:

Cattinka said...

Jetzt hast Du schon alle genähten Blöcke fertig, da macht es gar nicht dass Du mit den Applikationsblöcken erst angefangen hast. Du kommst gut voran. Die Charity Blöcke gefallen mir auch gut, ganz besonders der mit dem schwyzer Chrüz auf dem Oberteil.
LG
KATRIN W.

Geckoboxes said...

Lovely Swiss couple!

pandchintz said...

Your pieced blocks for The Aunts' look great. I have half mine done and have chosen fabrics for the other six. Now I just need to make time to stitch them! As for the appliqué...........

Flickenstichlerin said...

Liebe Vreni,
ich denke dein Auntie's Quilt wird ganz bezaubernd. Tolle Farbkombinationen.
Liebe Grüßle,
Sylvia

Lynda said...

Love all the blocks for the Aunt's quilt. All those wonderful fabrics will make for a fun quilt. Looking forward to seeing more.

Gisele said...

Loving those blocks for the Aunt's quilt, great colours! What is the Aunt's quilt....what am I missing? Then again don't tell me, I have more than enough projects on the go at the moment! lol

Thimbleanna said...

Those little charity blocks are adorable -- I hope you'll show us a picture of the final quilt if they send you one. And your Aunt blocks look great -- such a good idea to make them all together -- I wish I could get my act together enough to do that LOL!!!

jennye tan said...

Does anyone know if there is someone interested in collecting loose materials, left behind by late mum. There is a whole carton of them and it is wasteful to just throw them away. So, if anyone can do patchwork with them, you may contact me at 97574567 Jennye.