Tutorials

Monday 29 September 2014

Yikes, they are multiplying!

I had a little bag making workshop with my quilting group a couple of weeks ago and here are all the bags together. Everybody was please with the result. 


And in the meantime DH's birthday has come and gone. The cake has been made and eaten and although it looked a bit rustic (or in other words home made) it was delicious. 



I also managed to make him a couple of little pouches he requested .







After all the zippers I've sewn lately I can do them almost blind folded now! With the left over fabrics I made this little pouch intended for the charity bazaar in November


as well as this key pouch thingy. 



A friend made made a Jester Bag and I tried to copy it. It should have small bells at the end of the pointy bits, but I think I leave them, as it looks more like a flower this way. 



 I made myself a pattern as I want to make more of these bags. They are fun and easy to make and I think they will look lovely filled with goodies.




But I doubt I will have much time for sewing this week as my daughter came for a surprise visit. 

Have a great week ahead.

Cheers
Vreni x

8 comments:

HeathersSewingRoom said...

What a busy but fun time you are having. How great to be able to give a home made gift and the pie looks so yummy. Enjoy your week with special family.

Marg said...

The bags that everyone made look great, it's nice to see the different ideas. I love that your DH requested some pouches, that's so nice.
The pie looks delicious.
The jester bag will be a great bag for gifts.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Lots of great items. Homemade cake (pie) is the best.

Anja´s Wunschpunsch said...

So viele und so schöne Täschchen. Die Sew-Together-Bag steht auch schon lange auf meiner To-Do-Liste. Leider bin ich noch nicht dazu gekommen sie zu nähen.

Gruß
Anja

Thimbleanna said...

What? You didn't make a sew-together bag for your hubby LOL? Looks like you've had a great time making all kinds of little bags. I hope you had a wonderful time with your daughter -- Yay for surprises!!!

Rossana said...

You made a lot of beautiful works!

FlourishingPalms said...

You sure got into bags and pouches for a while, didn't you? I can see how you'd be an expert at zippers by now! How nice that your daughter surprised you with a visit. I'm sure you had - are still having? - a great time.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Vreni,
I love your bags, a new bag is always great to have. Your cake looks delicious.
Greetings,
Sylvia