Tutorials

Saturday 7 August 2010

How lucky am I???

Very lucky indeed! Because I got one of my top choices in the "ALQE4" and I couldn't be happier. This little quilt came all the way from the US, from Tennessee to be precise. Carol designed and made it and she calls it "Flowers in my Garden".  This is the front of the quilt.....



and this is the back! Isn't it lovely?


Thanks very much Carol. Would you like to see more of the things this talented lady makes? Then head over to her blog and pay her a visit here.

I'm still plugging away with my silk quilt. I'm now in the process of machine quilting, nothing too fancy, just in the ditch. 

I have also been fussy cutting more hexagons. There's quite a bit of wastage but then I do have loads of fabric, so why be stingy, right?



I hope you are having a good weekend.

Cheers
Vreni

6 comments:

Lynda said...

The quilt Carol made is almost like 2 quilts in one since the back is so cute too! Can't wait to see the fussy cut quilt. Love the fabric.

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, I like your attitude. I hate fussy cutting because of the fabric waste -- I'm going to have to learn to think like you do. Congratulations on your fun prize!

Gisele said...

Love Carol's quilt, I agree, lucky you! Interested in seeing the fussy cut hexagons too!

Rita said...

Hallo Vreni
Hast Du denn schönen Quilt gewonnen?? Ist ja genial!!
Und die Hexis! Bei mir wird jedes Fitzelchen irgenwie gebraucht...hab sogar die kleinsten Hexischablonen....
Dann mal schön weiter;)
Liebi Grüessli, Rita

Sammy said...

Hi Verni,
thank you so much for visiting my blog, and I'm glad that you liked my bags. Actually I do not ready use patterns, I draw my own. I love your blog. I will sign to follow your blog officially.

Love,

-Samya ;-)

Carol said...

Hi Vreni. Glad you like my double sided wall hanging and that it arrived safely. I enjoyed making it.
Looking forward to seeing how your fussy cut quilt turns out.