Tutorials

Friday 22 February 2013

Jumping on the bandwagon!

I've been drooling over the lovely Scrappy Trip around the World projects popping up all around blogland and was very much tempted to start my own. Since I finished my scrappy quilt I gave myself the "go ahead" !!!

Since my last quilt was extremely scrappy I'm controlling the scrappiness on this one.  I've started with a jelly roll of soft yellows and browns and I added and a few other coordinated fabrics from my stash as well as introduced a couple of baby blues.  Not only does the jelly roll speed up the process, but I love how all the colours come together.



I'm hoping to finish this quilt in two weeks time as I want to take it back to Switzerland and give it to my favorite aunt who just celebrated her 80th birthday. So I better get off the computer and back to my sewing machine.


Until we speak again.
Vreni x

17 comments:

Cattinka said...

Hallo Vreni,
das wird super! Jetzt hast Du nicht mehr viel Zeit, aber Du schaffst das schon.
LG
KATRINW .

Jodi said...

The next one I make is going to be with a jelly roll - love your colors. Your aunt is in for a treat! I also enjoyed checking out all the pics on your header!

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

It is so pretty Vreni! I am sure your aunt will love it!

Marg said...

That's really pretty Vreni, lovely colours.

Martina said...

Wow! Gefällt mir gut! Sieht super aus in diesen Farben! Hoffe du schaffst es!
LG Martina

Astrid said...

Your aunt is a lucky one! It's gorgeous! I love the colors. It's very easy to get addicted to those charms! :)

Heather said...

Looks great in controlled colors. I too want to do one using a jelly roll as the beginning, just need to find time.

FlourishingPalms said...

How lovely! It will be the perfect gift. And you're going back to Switzerland for a visit? I'm so happy for you. One of my best friends lives in Neftenbach, near Winterthur. Where are you going?

blauraute said...

Liebe Vreni,
das wird ein toller Geburtstagsquilt für Deine Tante. Dass Du es schaffst, steht für mich außer Zweifel!!!
Liebe Grüße
Roswitha

Julierose said...

Very very pretty; I really like those muted colors..your Aunt will love it I'm sure. Julierose

Geckoboxes said...

You always know ho to combine best! A very happy scrappy project. Your aunt of 80 will feel so much younger with this modern looking quilt!

Unknown said...

Scrappy chique!! Perfect fit for a 80 year old lady.

Shirley said...

Such lovely soft colours Vreni. Your Aunt will be delighted with it. I knew you wouldn't be able to resist.

Anonymous said...

Hallo Vreni,
nicht viel Zeit mehr bis zum Geburtstag, aber das ist noch zu schaffen. Die Farben sind sehr gut gewählt und das wenig Baby-Blau macht das richtig frisch.
In 2 Wochen liegt in der Schweiz noch genug Schnee, wir haben hier mehr als wir wollen!
Viele Grüße
Leonore

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Yours is gorgeous Vreni, I love the colours you have used. xo

Anonymous said...

When I initially cοmmented I appеar to have сlickеd оn the -Notify me when new comments are added- сheckbox аnd nοw each time
a comment iѕ added I reсeіνe 4 emails with the exaсt sаme comment.
Is thеre an easy methoԁ you can гemоve me frоm that service?
Kudos!

Μy ωеblog :: scaiuolcher.altervista.org

Thimbleanna said...

How cool Vreni! It's so fun to see all the different color choices people are making with this project. Your browns and yellows are wonderful!