Tutorials

Saturday 7 December 2013

Ticking off the list!

Maybe you remember, at the end of August I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish before the end of the year. Let's see how far I got:

1. Finish hand quilting Big Bloom Quilt: tick



I think this must be my very first quilt which is made entirely by hand; hand pieced and hand quilted. It feels very soft and I'm going to give it to my mum for Christmas. I hope she'll like it. 

2. Finish Winter Quilt: tick



3. Make eight blocks for my Camelot quilt: tick

Block 8


and the first eight blocks together. 

4. Make a few Christmas presents: tick, tick and tick!

5. Machine quilt one quilt top; sorry, that didn't happen. 

Well, all in all I'm quite pleased that I was able to do most of the tasks I set myself. The list has definitely helped to keep me on track. 

I leave you with a picture of a  little Christmas decoration I've made. I've seen something similar on Pinterest and tried to copy it. The stick is actually a long piece of cinnamon.



I hope you are enjoying the season!
Vreni x



Follow on Bloglovin


13 comments:

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Love your big bloom quilt! It is so beautiful!

LintLady said...

Hallo Vreni,
für die kurze Zeit seit August, hast du wirklich viel geschafft! Und besonders Hand-Nähen nimmt ja nun doch einige Zeit in Anspruch.
Deine Mom wird sich sehr freuen!
Mir gefallen besonders die Camelot Blöcke. Woher hast du denn die Muster?
Dir ebenfalls eine schöne Vorweihnachtszeit
xxx Doris

giddy99 said...

Love the big bloom quilt! And so many accomplishments, too (congratulations)! I've never seen a cinnamon stick that large, ever (not even in pictures) until today. I'm agog.

Rossana said...

You have made a lot of beautiful works!!!
I like very much your Christmas decoration! The cinnamon stick is incredible...here in Italy we have only little ones!
Have a good week end!

HeathersSewingRoom said...

All this talent on one post! You have had a very creative year. I'm sure your mother will love the Bloom quilt.

Heather said...

Wow, good for you on your finishes. I love your big bloom quilt. Those beautiful fabrics just make me smile.

Cattinka said...

Liebe Vreni,
Dein Weihnachtsdeko sieht schön aus, und die Aussicht aus dem Fenster erst!
Du warst sehr produktiv, Du kannst mir Dir sehr zufrieden sein, und von mir gibts ein ganz großes Lob!
LG
KATRIN W.

Geckoboxes said...

Well done indeed! A task list is a good way to get more things done!
I like your Christmas decoration with a view on the sea! Lovely idea!

Marg said...

That's a fantastic finish of almost all the things on your list. I love the big bloom quilt and your camelot blocks. I don't think I've ever seen a cinnamon stick that long, but it looks great as part of your Christmas decoration.

Lynda said...

Wow! I am really impressed. Your Mom will love the blooms quilt. The winter quilt turned out wonderful. All those Camelot blocks are amazing. Where do you find such a long cinnamon stick? Do you live right by the water? What a beautiful view out those windows. Looks like you are ready for Christmas.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Wow, you have done so well Vreni and each project is gorgeous! Love your cinnamon stick garland. xo

Sheila said...

So many beautiful things! You have been busy : )

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Vreni, you're on a roll! Your Mom is going to love that Big Bloom Quilt -- it's gorgeous! I love your winter quilt and it goes without saying that I LOVE those Camelot blocks. Lots of great projects -- You Go Girl!!!