A few years ago, when my daughter started teaching, I made her a Dr. Seuss quilt for the reading corner and gave her some of the books for her own classroom library. I still had some fabric of that quilt in my stash and decided to make a bunting to hang up in her class room. I added a few other pieces from my scrap bin.
It's actually one long sting of bunting, but I couldn't get it all into one picture. A friend of mine was kind enough to cut the letters on her AccuQuilt fabric cutter.
With the few flags I had left I made another shorter bunting. I think that would look nice in a baby or kid's room.
I also had to make a block for another of my quilting friends who is leaving Singapore. She requested Singapore Nature and I came up with this
It's supposed to be a lotus flower bud, in case you can't tell.
And I've been shopping! A local shop is carrying the whole of the Steel + Cotton range and at a very competitive price too. For now I bought mostly blender fabrics, but I might have to go back for more. I think they are such versatile and pretty colours/patterns and are great additions to my stash.
We are off to Bali next week; let's see if I can find some lovely batiks for my stash as well. I'll keep you in the loop.